We are proud to announce that preparations for the second Programme on Ecosystem Change and Society conference “PECS II – PLACE-BASED TRANSDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH FOR GLOBAL SUSTAINABILITY” to be held in Oaxaca, 7-10 November 2017, are well under way, and that we are now ready to receive proposals for:
● Videos and documentaries,
● Creative and innovative sessions,
● Courses and workshops following to the conference.
The four general themes that this conference will address are:
1. Context-specific pathways for working towards sustainability,
2. Challenges and opportunities for informing global sustainability through place-based research,
3. Social-ecological dynamics of ecosystem services: Synergies, trade-offs and links to human wellbeing,
4. Cross-scale connections and feedbacks that impact the structure and dynamics of social-ecological systems.
Please note that a maximum of one first author submission to the first call (Symposia, Workshops, Creative and innovative sessions, Videos and documentaries) and one first author submission to the second call (talks in symposiums, oral sessions, speed talk sessions and posters) will be allowed to foster the exchange among peers.